- 1 Is There Any Way or Plugin To Check The Embed YouTube Link On Your WordPress Website? or How To Add Videos / Embed Videos In WordPress Blog Posts:
- 2 1. Custom HTML Editor in WordPress:
- 3 2. Embedding Videos in WordPress Visual Editor:
- 4 3. Embedding Videos in WordPress Sidebar Widget:
- 5 You Might Ask Yourself, Why Can't I Upload Videos Directly To WordPress?
- 6 4. Embed Videos on WordPress via Plugins:
- 7 The Conclusion:
Is There Any Way or Plugin To Check The Embed YouTube Link On Your WordPress Website? or How To Add Videos / Embed Videos In WordPress Blog Posts:
Have you ever wondered, How to embed a video into a post in WordPress? But don't know where to start and how to start, then you have come across the right place.
Don't worry! It's not complicated. It's pretty simple.
Today, in this Article we are going to show you, How to Embed Videos in your WordPress Blog Posts, Pages and in Side Bars, especially from YouTube.
Let's just make simpler how to embed YouTube video in WordPress how to embed YouTube video in WordPress.
Adding Videos to your Blog Posts as well as to your Pages makes the Content looks great and rich which makes the Audience Engagement to your Article as well as increases more Traffic.
So, Let's learn How To Add Videos To WordPress Blog Posts.
You should remember that WordPress allows Auto-Embeds for few of the Popular white-listed Videos Services.
If you want Embed Videos from other Websites or want to Add Videos, then you need to obtain the Embed Code, which then later needs to be Pasted into your Blog Post.
Here is the White-List of Auto-Embed Video Service Sites:
Video Hosting Sites
Video Hosting Sites
1. Custom HTML Editor in WordPress:
To embed a YouTube Video or any other Video on your Website or to Add a Video, you need to get the full HTML embed code for that particular Video.
Just copy the HTML code provided by the video website and paste it inside a ‘Custom HTML’ block in the editor.
Step_1: Go to Add New Post or Add New Page from right side of WordPress.
Step_2: Once you there, Click on Add Block.
Step_3: Search for Custom HTML and Click on it.
Step_4: Copy the HTML Code and paste it inside a Custom HTML block in editor.
2. Embedding Videos in WordPress Visual Editor:
WordPress houses a great feature built in-itself which allows Auto-Embeds automatically of Videos from Most Popular Websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc.
Just Copy and Paste the Video URL inside the Visual Editor.
The link automatically fetches the link and shows a thumbnail for to watch in the Page or Post itself.
You can now save your post and click on the preview button to see the embedded video in your blog post.
You can adjust the video width, make it full-width, change alignment, and more by making use of the block toolbar and settings column on right by clicking on the pasted Video.
It also allows you to add a Video Caption below the Video not hampering the Video Resolution.
3. Embedding Videos in WordPress Sidebar Widget:
Step_1: Go to Appearance >> Widgets Section from right side of your screen.
Step_2: Add the Text Widget to sidebar.
Step_3: Inside the Text Widget Settings, Paste in the Video URL in the content area.
WordPress will automatically fetch the embed code and display the video preview.
Note: Do remember that, You can't upload Videos directly to WordPress.
You Might Ask Yourself, Why Can't I Upload Videos Directly To WordPress?
Yes you can directly Upload Videos to WordPress. But we won't recommend to you to do so.
You should keep in mind that it all depends on your Type of Web Hosting you chose for WordPress. Most of the Blogs over the Internet via WordPress run on Shared WordPress Hosting Accounts.
This means the Storage Space is very limited and it can later add to more sever Problems like Server Crashing or Server Down or Site Loading Speeds.
Moreover if your Site starts getting tons of traffic at once, then you will be trouble which will surely lead to Server Crash.
Apart from this you will start loosing thr Traffic over other Video Service Hosting Sites like YouTube. So YouTube is the one which gives you lots of Traffic being the 2nd largest search engine over the Internet.
Also the other Sites like Vimeo, Dailymotion also helps you to drive lots of Traffic.
Hence it is better to Upload your Videos on YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion and then from thier Embed the Video Links to your Website, which will multiply your Traffic.
4. Embed Videos on WordPress via Plugins:
There are many Plugins on WordPress which allows you to embed Videos from other Platforms like YouTube,, Vimeo or Dailymotion, etc.
These Plugins also provides you with additional features to go for apart from just embedding a Video.
So, here are our 15 Video Embed Plugins that allows Video Embed Options along with additional Features. If you want learn more about these, you can visit Top 15 Video Embed Plugins For WordPress.
1. a3 Lazy Load (200,000+ Active Installations)
2. Embed Plus For YouTube (200,000+ Active Installations)
3. Gallery Plugin For WordPress – Envira Photo Gallery (100,000+ Active Installations)
4. WP Video Lightbox (70,000+ Active Installations)
5. ARVE Advanced Responsive Video Embedder (50,000+ Active Installations)
6. Easy Video Player (40,000+ Active Installations)
7. Embed Press (10,000+ Active Installations)
8. Video Gallery (9,000+ Active Installations)
9. YouTube Embed (20,000+ Active Installations)
10. WP YouTube Lyte (20,000+ Active Installations)
11. Lazy Load For Videos (10,000+ Active Installations)
12. Video.js HTML5 Player (10,000+ Active Installations)
13. WP Video Popup (10,000+ Active Installations)
14. Simple YouTube Embed (9,000+ Active Installations)
15. WpDevArt YouTube Embed, Playlist and Popup (9,000+ Active Installations)
16. Wonder Video Embed (7,000+ Active Installations)
We hope this Article has help you in understanding, How to Embed Videos on to your Blog Posts, Pages, etc or How To Add Videos to your Blog Posts and Pages.
Even though there are many ways how you can Embed a Video in WordPress, there are also so many Plugins available on WordPress which makes Video Embed simpler.
To be frank we don’t think you need a Plugin to Embed a Video as WordPress itself takes care of this and makes Video Embed simpler and easier.
However, if you need more options apart from just Video Embed, then you must search for other Plugins which makes it possible. For this we suggest you to read our Article for Top 15 Video Embed Plugins In WordPress.
“Hey, I am Sachin Ramdurg, the founder of VDiversify.com.
I am an Engineer and Passionate Blogger with a mindset of Entrepreneurship. I have been experienced in Blogging for more than 5+ years and following as a youtuber along with blogging, online business ideas, affiliate marketing, and make money online ideas since 2012.