- 1 The Best Free Blogging Platforms or Free Blogging Sites of 2022’s
- 2 Free Blogging Platforms In 2022
- 3 10 Best Free Blogging Platforms or Free Blogging Sites In 2022
- 3.2 The best free blogging sites 2022:
- 3.3 1. WordPress.org – Best for Self-Hosted Blogs
- 3.4 2. WordPress.com – Best For Free Blogs
- 3.5 3. Wix.com – Best For Small Business Websites
- 3.6 4. Joomla.org – For Corporate Businesses, A CMS Software That’s Mobile Friendly & It’s Free
- 3.7 5. Drupal.org – A CMF Software For Digital Experiences & It’s Free
- 3.8 6. Medium.com – Online Publishing Platform, Best For Beginners
- 3.9 7. Squarespace.com – All-In-One Solution To Create A Website
- 3.10 8. Weebly.com – Modern with Easy To Build A Website From Drag & Drop Feature
- 3.11 9. Blogger.com – Blog For Free From Google
- 3.12 10. Tumblr.com – A Microblogging & Social Networking Website
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The Best Free Blogging Platforms or Free Blogging Sites of 2022’s
Blogging is the most powerful platform over the internet which lets you to connect with the world seamlessly. This all becomes possible from the free blogging platforms out there over the internet.
Through best free blogging sites, you could reach millions of people all over the world, have you ever wondered, how to create a blog? from scratch by using one of the best free blogging platforms.
Through blogging you can take your passion to the limits you could never dreamed off and turn it into one of your lifestyle business ideas. Blogging helps you not only to reach millions of audiences all around the world, it also helps to express your ideas, hobbies, passion, and much more to the World.
Before we begin with top 10 free blogging platforms or free blogging sites and take the journey on best blogging platforms let us first understand the basics.
Free Blogging Platforms In 2022
You own an organization or you want to start a company where-in you need a blog vs website to build you audience and to grow your business. Then, you need to start learning, how to blog?
You might be wondering how on earth that I could be able to build a website or a blog? I don’t have any coding knowledge. I have no idea about java, c+, html, css, php, python and so on.
Don’t worry, to do blogging you don’t have to be a coding master nor there is need to know about coding languages. Then you could ask me how on earth this is going to be possible?
The top blogging platforms are the one’s which makes blogging possible.
Know Worries! If you want to know how to blog & are there any platforms or top blogging platforms or blogging sites from which I can blog without any coding knowledge, then you are in right place.
There are tons of websites or blogging platforms over the Internet which helps you to build your First Blog. These blogging sites allows you to customize your blog and letting you to turn into an awesome jaw catching website that generates high traffic.
10 Best Free Blogging Platforms or Free Blogging Sites In 2022
You have a passion for writing articles or you already own a business and want to sell your products over the internet via e-commerce website or you want to become an entrepreneur and planning to make money online from blogging or your website. If you want to learn more about how to make money from your blog then check out “how to monetize your blog”.
Are these the only factors which helps you choose any free blogging platforms or else there are still more factors which needs attention? Check out “factors to consider before you choose a blogging platform”.
The best free blogging sites 2022:
1. WordPress.org – Best for Self-Hosted Blogs
WordPress is one of the best 100% free blogging platforms and open-source content management system written in PHP and paired with a MySQL or MariaDB database. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system, referred to within WordPress as Themes.
WordPress.org is the most popular free blogging site or blogging platform out there on the internet. It provides you the option of local test site, that’s why it is also referred to as self-hosted.
With WordPress.org, you have full control of your website. You are free to do anything you want and customize it as much as you need. Almost to near 90% of all blogs over the internet were powered by WordPress.
WordPress is used by more than 60 million websites, including 33.6% of the top 10 million websites as of April 2019 all around the world.
There is another version of WordPress called WordPress.com which is called one of the twins of WordPress. Even though both are identical in names keep in mind that both are different and serve different purposes. To learn more about the differences between WordPress.org and WordPress.com we will learn in our next articles.
· 100% free blogging platforms, open-source, most popular, flexible and easy to use
· WordPress gives you full control on your website in every section
· Highly customizable with WordPress directory by adding free and paid premium & pro themes along with free and paid premium & pro plugins
· Works on any device, i.e., any device friendly themes and plugins, especially embed video plugins. It offers thousands of themes and plugins which makes your website or blog operable on both mobile as well as desktop devices
· SEO and search engine friendly and well suited for any of the social media platforms, offers responsive themes which makes it best for mobile friendly
· You are the full owner of the content you create
· You can make money from your website by running ads without sharing any revenue to anyone
· Google Analytics and Google AdSense friendly
· You can create an online store to sell your own products, accept payments and deliver products by self-hosting WordPress
· Large developer & users’ community. So, you can get support at anytime and anywhere
· You can create membership blogs or membership websites with ease from free or paid themes & plugins
· Offers over 54,000+ Plugins, Apps, and Extensions
· Need a web hosting and a domain to host your blog or website, which you need to purchase
· No auto backup’s on WordPress. You have to rely on backup plugins
· No security on your site. You have to rely on security plugins
· All kinds of blogs, especially personnel blogs, business blogs, and last but not the least online business blogs like e-commerce blogs
· Even though the WordPress is an open-source and free to use, you need a domain name and a web hosting.
· For a domain name it costs approx. $8/year at-least from good and well-known domain hosting providers. But you can get a domain name for even around $3/year too from cheap domain hosting services like Bluehost, Hostinger, DreamHost, Hostgator, A2 Hosting, Namecheap and TMD Hosting
· For a web hosting it costs approx. $50/year. You can get cheap one’s for around $30 too. Make sure that you chose the one that fits in your budget. Most of them comes with different-different plans and offers. So, be sure to check out during the offers
· For WordPress.org we suggest to go for Hostinger, Bluehost, DreamHost or SiteGround for one-click-installations
2. WordPress.com – Best For Free Blogs
WordPress.com is a platform for self-publishing that is popular for blogging and other works. It is owned and operated by Automattic, inc. It is run on a modified version of WordPress.org, an open-source piece of software used by bloggers.
This website provides free blog hosting (one of the free blogging platforms) for registered users and is financially supported via paid upgrades, VIP services and advertising.
To start initially you will get free plan with limited features only. If you need more features then you should go for the paid plans which they offer.
Like we said earlier this is the best place for bloggers to kickstart their blogging dream and you can it to the next level if you have bucks in your pocket. As of 2021, approx. 36% of all around the use WordPress.com.
· Easy to set up and easy to install – step by step installation wizard
· Free space till 3 GB. Afterword’s need to opt for paid plans
· Free blogging platforms, i.e., free blog hosting for registered users, i.e., hosting is already included. Hence requires a little only to work on later
· More streamlined user interface than the WordPress.org
· Auto maintenance by WordPress
· Community support and built-in stats
· Professional and dedicated support on paid plans
· Very limited free account, i.e., like we said earlier your blog will be hosted on a sub-domain
· Ads are placed on free accounts from which you can’t make any money
· You need to pay in order to remove the ads present on your blog
· Need to go for higher plans to monetize your content
· Only business plans and above are having more customization themes & plugins. Free account version is very limited
· You can lose your site if you violate the terms and services of the platform
· You cannot run ads on your blog or site unless and until your site earns very high traffic with T&C apply
· You cannot upload plugins and themes on free version of account
· You cannot install Google Analytics on free version of account. If you want to install then you need to go for premium plan and onwards
· No e-commerce website features for free version of account and is only available on e-commerce plan
· You cannot build membership websites
· Personnel blogs, the one who blogs only for hobbies and interest not for monetize their blog or beginners who are just started learning
· For personal use, Personal Plan costs $2.13/Month (billed yearly) – you can get a custom domain, access to email and live chat support
· For freelancers, Premium Plan costs $3.73/Month (billed yearly) – you can get advance design tools, custom css, and google analytics support
· For small businesses, Business Plan costs $8.53/Month (billed yearly) – you can get custom plugins, custom themes, 200 GB storage and 24/7 live chat support
· For online stores, E-Commerce Plan costs $15.36/Month (billed yearly) – you can get separate online store building platform specifically built for e-commerce website
3. Wix.com – Best For Small Business Websites
If you are looking for a website which allows you the options of drag and drop to build your blog, then you should definitely choose wix.
Wix.com is an Israeli software company, providing cloud-based web development services. It allows users to create HTML5 websites and mobile sites through the use of online drag and drop tools. The drag and drop features make it very useful for users to build their blog more professionally.
It also allows you the option of free blogging platforms but the features are limited in free version of Wix website creation.
· Easy drag and drop features enabling you to easily customize your website or blog
· Blog building or site building all is graphical via HTML & CSS. Easy to understand to anyone & No coding skill required
· Houses and includes a top-notch hosting including cloud hosting with easy to set up feature
· Houses an artificial design intelligence which allows you to automatically design your blog
· Houses thousands of free stock images from which you can pick
· Lots of third-party apps and templates to customize your blog or site
· You can even edit and adjust the mobile version of your website the way you want with mobile editor in-built
· The free version of account limits your options for usage of features, traffic and storage
· The free version of account houses a Wix branding and contains ads
· There is limit on usage of number of apps
· Once you choose a theme template for your site, you can’t change it anymore
· The e-commerce website building is also limited as compared to other blogging platform, also even in paid versions too
· Any kind of service costs are too high
· No option of moving your site & its content to any other platforms
· Small businesses like enterprises or businesses who just need for showcasing their businesses
· Photographers for photography blogs or website, artists and musicians
· For personal portfolios, personal bio-data’s and for resumes
· Combo: $13/month. Use your own domain, 3 GB storage, 2 GB bandwidth and remove Wix’s ads. Great for personal and small business sites
· Unlimited: $17/month. Get more storage (10 GB) and bandwidth. In most cases this plan isn’t necessary
· Pro: $22/month. Get 20 GB storage and a professional logo. We find this plan overpriced
· VIP: $39/month. Take advantage of the priority support. It’s too expensive though
· Business Basic: $23/month. The best plan for e-commerce (online store, website and even bookings etc.)
· Business Unlimited: $27/month. Get more storage (35 GB) and a logo
· Business VIP: $49/month. Priority support for store owners
· Enterprise: $500/month. Adds professional services (SEO and an account manager). Very expensive
4. Joomla.org – For Corporate Businesses, A CMS Software That’s Mobile Friendly & It’s Free
Joomla.org is a content management system (CMS), which enables you to build web sites and powerful online applications. Like WordPress.org, Joomla! Is also one of the free blogging platforms and open source.
Joomla is developed by open-source matters, inc. It is built on a model-view-controller web application framework that can be used independently of the CMS. Joomla is written in PHP.
Joomla includes features such as page caching, RSS feeds, printable versions of pages, news flashes, blogs, search, and support for language internationalization.
· Powerful and flexible platform not only for blogging more than that, i.e., for powerful online applications too
· Thousands of free extensions and templates allowing you to customize your site to fit your specific needs
· Almost 10+ Thousands of extensions & templates apart from free ones
· Offers in more than 76 languages to work with
· Needs little bit of HTML & CSS knowledge to work with development of blog, so not ideal for beginners
· Security, backups and performance of your blog is upon you
· Business websites for whom professional looks matters a lot
· One who needs an online store for their local businesses
· The one who are technically advanced with coding language
· For developers
· Joomla is completely free to download making it also one of the free blogging platforms. You need to buy a hosting and a domain name from Joomla itself or chose the one which you want from the internets
5. Drupal.org – A CMF Software For Digital Experiences & It’s Free
Drupal.org is also one of the free blogging platforms and open-source web content management framework written in PHP and distributed under the general public license (GNU).
Drupal provides a back-end framework for at least 2.3% of all websites worldwide – ranging from personal blogs to corporate, political, and government sites.
Drupal offers 3 different categories to work with.
1. Drupal for Developers – To build the open web
2. Drupal for Marketers – In a world of full of templates, be original
3. Drupal for Agencies – To achieve your client’s ambition
· Great choice for developers & professionals for building advanced and rich sites with lots of features
· Offers access to tons of free modules and features
· Content authoring, integration of simplified eco system of multichannel messaging
· Built-in access control system helps manage user permissions
· Great taxonomy system for handling tons of data
· Core multilingual site support. Can work with different languages
· Offers high advance security features
· Best in performance and scaling which can cope with spikes in site traffic with ease
· Marketing automation, i.e., advance marketing communication across numerous channels
· Not for starters and beginners
· Complex installation, needs technical expertise
· The one who are technically advanced with coding language
· For developers
· Drupal is completely free to download, making it also one of the free blogging platforms. You need to buy a hosting and a domain name from the web hosting providers from the internet
6. Medium.com – Online Publishing Platform, Best For Beginners
Medium.com is an online publishing platform developed by Evan Williams and launched in August 2012. It is owned by a medium corporation.
The platform is an example of social journalism, having a hybrid collection of amateur and professional people and publications, or exclusive blogs or publishers on medium. Medium has a built-in audience.
Medium is not like any other platform on the internet. It’s the best on internet which is also one of the free blogging platforms or host.
Medium has built up initially in a way to publish writings and documents longer than twitter’s 140-character. Which now has turned into a publishing, blogging with social networking functions.
· It’s simple & too easy. Just sign-up and you are ready to blog. It takes hardly any minutes to get on with it
· Rich quality writing experience and offers amazing user interface
· It’s all about content creation not about designing or running a site
· Easy content embedding options from services like YouTube, Twitter, etc.
· Mainly focuses on pure blogging, i.e., content creation
· Not much customization options. All blogs look alike
· No monetization for the content you create
· Medium has control over the content
· Hardly any marketing features or publicity features
· Beginners and starters who wants to blog without any blogging knowledge
· Who solely focus on pure blogging content creation, journalists or writers
· Those who like just blogging
· It’s a free to use platform making it one of the free blogging platforms out there over the internet. All you have to do is sign up
7. Squarespace.com – All-In-One Solution To Create A Website
Squarespace.com also one of the similar platforms like Wix and offers website creation with easy to drag and drop elements feature to create web pages. It’s an american privately held company based in New York.
The main focus of squarespace is to offer e-commerce blogging or websites to its customers. It provides software as a service for website building and hosting. So, you can also buy a domain as well as hosting from squarespace.
Squarespace also houses its own dashboard to analyze your website’s traffic and other analysis data’s somewhat similar to Google Analytics.
You can also check out the free version of squarespace where in features and options are limited.
· Simple to use for starters and is beginner friendly with drag and drop features to create web pages
· Houses already built up well professional design templates
· It mostly suited for to local businesses to reach more customers via showing their online presence
· SSL Encryption is built into the platform
· Offers free trial without any credit card
· Includes hosting as well as custom domain feature
· 24×7 customer support
· Can easily build an E-Commerce Online Store
· Need to stick with the only features offered by squarespace
· Hardly has few numbers of third-party services and tools
· Personal plan limits to 20 pages and 2 contributors
· It’s best suited for photographers, restaurants, small businesses, fashion designers and for artists who wants a portfolio kind of website
· Best suited for designing online stores as e-commerce
· Personal: $12/month (you can save 25% if opted for annually)
· Business: $18/month (you can save 30% if opted for annually)
· Commerce (Basic): $26/month (you can save 13% if opted for annually)
· Commerce (Advanced): $40/month (you can save 13% if opted for annually)
8. Weebly.com – Modern with Easy To Build A Website From Drag & Drop Feature
Next to our list of free blogging platforms is the Weebly.com is a web hosting service, headquartered in San Francisco. Its parent company is Square, Inc. On acquisition in April 2018, Weebly had more than 625,000 paid subscribers.
Weebly’s free online website creator uses a simple widget-based site builder that operates in the web browser. All the site elements are drag-and-drop and it automatically generates a mobile version of each website.
Weebly offers unlimited storage, but the service restricts individual file sizes.
· Easy and simple in use of operation, just drag & drop and build a website
· All templates and elements are extremely mobile friendly. Offers mobile app to run your site on the go
· Free to use option available with minimalistic features that is almost enough for most of the users
· Best known for SEO and offers Google Analytics integration
· Very less with features no expansion options
· Only few third-party apps can be installed on platform
· Exporting already developed site is not an easy task here
· Best for business owners who need online presence with high-quality website
· Best suited for online portfolios
· Anyone can do blogging with its easy to drag and drop feature
· Free: Allows basic features to try out the service
· Connect – connect a domain: $5/month (when paid annually)
· Pro – groups & organizations: $12/month (when paid annually). Here you will get free domain worth $20 and Google Ads credit worth $100
· Business – small businesses & stores: $25 (when paid annually). Here also you will get free domain worth $20 and Google Ads credit worth $100
9. Blogger.com – Blog For Free From Google
Blogger.com is a blog-publishing service that allows multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. It was developed by Pyra Labs in 1999, which was bought by Google in 2003. The blogs are hosted by Google and generally accessed from a subdomain of blogspot.com.
To start with all you have to do is sign-in into the blogger via your Google Account. That’s It!
“Blogger” is one of the most popular Free Blogging Platforms or Free Blogging Sites out there over the Internet.
Note: Blogger is one of the free blogging platforms that allow advertising.
Blogs can also be served from a custom domain owned by the user (like www.yourdomain.com) by using DNS facilities to direct a domain to Google’s servers.
· Free to use and set up instantly within a minute’s or so
· A user can have up to 100 blogs per account
· Hosting and maintenance are taken care by “Google”
· Integration with all of your Google offerings, that means you can store Images or other uploaded content on Google Drive which offers 15 GB of free space
· All templates available are mobile-optimized
· Comes with tracking and anti-comment spam features
· Offers many languages to work with
· Can work on mobile from blogger for blogging
· Can apply for Google AdSense and make money by monetization
· No option for addition of features
· Limited to basic blogging
· Hardly few templates to choose from
· Fewer design options
· Hosted on a sub-domain
· Bloggers who like to blog for hobbies
· To create personal blogs
· Blogger is completely free and is one of the free blogging platforms out there over the internet, unless until you want your own custom domain name
10. Tumblr.com – A Microblogging & Social Networking Website
Tumblr.com is an American microblogging and social networking website founded by David Karp in 2007 and currently owned by Automattic.
The service allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. Users can follow other users’ blogs. Bloggers can also make their blogs private.
In mid of 2019 Tumblr has hosted more than 475 million blogs and had 500 million monthly Visitors.
Tumblr is also one of the free blogging platforms.
· Free to use and ease in setting up
· Your blog will be hosted on a sub-domain
· Houses social integration features
· Simple to use dashboard where-in live feed of recent posts from blog appears
· Dashboard offers comment, re-blog and like posts from blogs right from dashboard
· Easy to publish multimedia e.g., videos, gif’s, images and audio
· Very difficult to back up your tumblr content and use it on other platforms
· Unlike other blogging platforms it hardly offers any features
· Micro-blogs, hobby bloggers and personal blogging
· Its free to use. Hence, it’s one of the free blogging platforms
After going through all the above free blogging platforms in detail we hope you are now in a position to choose a best perfect blogging platform which suites you the best.
We tried our best to help you to find out the best free blogging sites 2021 with all the details that we can provide about every blogging platform out there in the internet with a little background about the platform, It’s pros, It’s cons, For whom it’s best suited for and Its pricing’s.
Before you choose any blogging platform, we also recommend you to read our article on top 10 factors or criteria to consider before you choose any blogging platform, which will help you to understand the factors which needs to be considered before you choose a blogging platform.
It should be noted that, there are 3 types of blogging platforms, viz., self-hosted blogging platforms, hosted blogging platforms and on-browser site builders with drag and drop features. The type of business you run and for the purpose you want a blog for shall be noted from every angle without fail.
If you ask us, we definitely suggest and recommend you to go for WordPress.org or WordPress.com as it fulfills all of your requirements.
We would like to hear from you. Tell us in comments below.
· Which is your free blogging platform?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Is WordPress Bogging?
WordPress blogging is nothing but to create your own blog or website on WordPress.org or WordPress.com.
In other words, WordPress is a free personal publishing platform for your blogs or websites. It is an easy to use, fast and flexible blog script. It comes with a great set of features, designed to make your experience as a publisher as pleasant as possible.
Create your free blog on WordPress.com. Choose WordPress.com for an all-in-one solution for your blog, including all the WordPress plugins and themes.
Which are the Free Blogging Platforms that allow Advertising?
There are many free blogging platforms that allows to display ads on your own blogs or websites.
When there are so many of free blogging platforms to choose from, when it comes to showing ads and earning money, Blogger.com is the one that stands out on Top.
Apart from this, there are few other free blogging platforms that allows ads to display are:
· Blogger.com from Google
· Squidoo (Hub Pages)
But all comes with terms and conditions. So, please read their T&C before you choose one.
What Is Wix.com Bogging?
Wix.com is yet another amazing blogging platform for creating stunning websites. With plenty of easy drag and drop templates and free site hosting, Wix is one of the best free blog sites to start a new blog. It is user-friendly yet it may take a while for the beginners to come through multiple features.
To add and set up a Blog: Click the blog icon on the left side of the editor. Click + Add Now and click Get Started in the pop.
Choose a free blog website template to start creating your stunning website. All templates are fully customizable with drag and drop feature.
What Is Blogger?
Blogger is a blog-publishing service that allows multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. It was developed by Pyra Labs, which was bought by Google in 2003. The blogs are hosted by Google and generally accessed from a subdomain of blogspot.com.
It allows you to Publish your passions your way. Whether you’d like to share your knowledge, experiences or the latest news, create a unique and beautiful blog for free.
Which Are Best Blogging Platform to Make Money?
If you want one of the free blogging platforms, then Blogger.com is the best around. It has become more diverse. You can easily upload customized free themes you find online over the internet. It’s easy to use and there are plenty of options on widgets.
However, you are found of money-making website then you can choose WordPress.org.
Apart from these the all top 10 free blogging platforms and sites listed in above article offer you the chances of making money online.
Which Is The Best Blogging Platform for Writers?
WordPress is the best free blogging platform for writers to write a blog. Apart from this you can also choose Medium, Tumblr, Ghost and Blogger, etc.
Most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
“Hey, I am Sachin Ramdurg, the founder of VDiversify.com.
I am an Engineer and Passionate Blogger with a mindset of Entrepreneurship. I have been experienced in Blogging for more than 5+ years and following as a youtuber along with blogging, online business ideas, affiliate marketing, and make money online ideas since 2012.
17 thoughts on “Top 10 Best Free Blogging Platforms  | Free Blogging Sites”